Friday 6 June 2014

Rimmel Stay Matte Primer Review

So a few month back I realised I needed to start using a primer, my foundation wasn't lasting anymore than a few hours without turning oily and shiny. Unfortunatly this was due to my oily-combo skin, so I asked a few friends/bloggers what I could use and decided to snap up a primer!

I did a little research and I looked at various products like the Benefit Porefessional and the Smashbox Primer, but they all seemed too expensive for something I'll use everyday under my foundation. 
(The foundation is pricey enough haha!)

So I went into Superdrug and bought Rimmels Stay Matte Primer, kind of on a whim really!


It cost me £5.99 from Superdrug and I've been using it for well over a month now. (Perfect time for a review!) 


So to sum up, I thought it was quite a lightweight cream that blended easily into the skin. When applying my foundation I noticed it blending in much better and smoother.

However, (dun dun dunnn!) it didn't really make my foundation last any longer than usual! So in that sense I won't be repurchasing,  I need a primer thats going to keep my foundation from turning into a greasy mess by lunch time!
Help!

So come on bbloggers, help a girl out! Any recommendations? 

1 comment:

  1. I don't rate any of the drugstore ones I've tried but going to invest in illamasqua matte veil, supposed to be so good! Smashbox primers are good too xx

    ReplyDelete